This page showcases highlights from the retail and library marketing work I did for Penguin Random House while working as a Marketing Associate for Books on Tape, Listening Library, and Penguin Random House Audio.
I worked on both the adult and children’s library catalogs, published each season (Spring, Summer, and Fall). I created sell sheets with engaging audio and library-centric key selling points for each title (150+ titles per season), wrote copy for catalog covers and other interior pages, worked with the marketing team on ideas for additional marketing pages, and coordinated with the art and production departments to bring the catalogs to life in both digital and physical formats.
*Click the images below to download full catalog PDFs*
Here are some of the most popular blog posts I wrote for booksontape.com:
WIRED magazine’s book podcast, Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy, recently interviewed renowned geek author Ernest Cline. Cline raves about the audiobooks for his science fiction novels READY PLAYER ONE and ARMADA, both of which were performed by geek celebrity Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation). Click to read more.
J. Ryan Stradal’s New York Times bestselling debut novel, KITCHENS OF THE GREAT MIDWEST, tells the story of the extraordinary, mysterious foodie Eva Thorvald. Each chapter focuses on one quirky character and delicious dish, and the whole novel is sprinkled with tasty recipes. Click to read more.
We love Kelly Link here on the 5th floor of the Penguin Random House building, and we’re excited to share our favorite short stories from her new audiobook collection, GET IN TROUBLE (although, truth be told, we love them all). Click to read more.
Malala Yousafzai, the courageous 17-year-old who stood up to the Taliban, won the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize (along with Kailash Satyarthi) for her fight to get all girls an education. She praises THE BREAD WINNER by Deborah Ellis as an inspirational story for girls everywhere. Click to read more.
*Photo Credit: Illustration by Jillian Tamaki / The New York Times
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
We thank Dr. Maya Angelou for telling her story to the world. Click to read more.
Time travel stories never get old, especially for young adult readers and listeners. Listening Library has teamed up with SYNC to present two time travel themed audiobook downloads, one from the present and one from the past, FREE for a limited time…unless you’re a time traveler, of course. Click to read more.
Here’s the full list of blog posts I published on booksontape.com:
– Ernest Cline Geeks Out About Wil Wheaton Reading ARMADA
– KITCHENS OF THE GREAT MIDWEST: The Best Recipe for a Debut Audiobook
– July LibraryReads Picks on Audio are Written by Library Lovers
– Children’s Audiobooks: Build Your Best Audiobook Collection Yet with Listening Library’s Fall ’15 Catalog
– Adult Audiobooks: Build Your Library’s Best Audiobook Collection Yet with BOT’s Fall ’15 Catalog
– Hear Tom Brokaw’s Inspiring Story About Beating Cancer in This Summer Drop-In
– Too Big to Miss: Spring and Summer 2015 Large Print Drop-Ins
– Sound Learning Toolkit: Discover How Audio Promotes Literacy
– Staff Pick: GET IN TROUBLE, Kelly Link’s New Collection of Short Stories on Audio
– AudioFile Magazine’s Best Audiobooks for Children and Teens: 2014
– AudioFile Magazine’s Best Audiobooks of the Year: 2014 (Adult Picks)
– Listening Library’s Best Audiobooks of 2014! (Full List and Library Order Form)
– Celebrate BOT’s Best Audiobooks of 2014! (Full List and Library Order Form)
– Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai Wishes All Girls Would Read This Book
– Penguin First Flights on EarlyWord: UNBECOMING
– Books for Boys
– An Ode to October LibraryReads
– Run to the Movies and See THE MAZE RUNNER!
– Banned Books Week: Listen to Judy Blume Talk About Censorship
– Enter Haruki Murakami’s Strange and Nightmarish Library…
– September is Library Card Sign-Up Month!
– George W. Bush Will Narrate Biography of His Father in Fall Drop-In
– Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Honors Veterans in Fall Drop-In
– Help Your Patrons Learn English with ESL Living Language Programs
– Speak the Words of Summer Travel with Living Language
– New Star Wars Drop-Ins for Fall Just Announced
– Children’s Audiobooks: Great Audio Picks for Father’s Day Listening
– Adult Audiobooks: Great Audio Picks for Dad
– Don’t Miss the Boat! These Fall Early Ships Set Sail in June, July, and August
– Thanking Maya Angelou For Her Words
– Spring into Summer
Reading Listening With June LibraryReads
– It’s Time for Some Time Travel
Check out the following audiobook collections I curated using Books on Tape and Listening Library’s exciting frontlist and extensive backlist:
– Nobel Prize-Winning Authors
– Dragon Listens That Will Make You Roar With Excitement
– Erotica on Audio
– The History of Medicine
– Only in New York
– Irish Authors
– Runaway with the Circus
– Sibling Listens
– Children’s Audiobooks: Growing Up With Siblings
–Adult Audiobooks: Great Audio Picks for Father’s Day
– Children’s Audiobooks: Great Listening Library Picks for Father’s Day
– Swoonworthy Romantic Listens
– Children’s Audiobooks: Teen and YA Romance
Here are some of the Facebook and Twitter posts I shared that received a lot of attention from Books on Tape’s librarian audience:
(This tweet was retweeted by author Neil Gaiman to his 2.3 million followers, making it the top #LibraryWeek tweet of 2015)
(Who knew socks could be so popular? This Facebook post I shared became the top #LibraryCardSignUp Month post in September 2014, reaching over 3,500 people).
More favorite tweets and Facebook posts: